Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Store Alert: HomeSense June 2012

Hello Wednesday! It is time for yet another recap of my great finds at HomeSense. For the month of June, it is all about nature: natural materials, representatives from the animal kingdom, and a touch of Hollywood glam. First off is this roomy and extremely comfortable sofa with tufting and turn leg details, not to mention the amazing red and cream linen/cotton blend upholstery with a bird motif!


Here is a close up of this sumptuous fabric. Love that it has a traditional English floral pattern and how this fabric works perfectly with the silhouette of the sofa. It's sophisticated and playful: ideal for an English farm house … or my dream cottage I would say!


And if you prefer a more simple and subdued palette, how about this adorable neutral arm chair with a diamond tufting pattern and nail head detail?  I absolutely love the round curve on the arm and it reminds me the Fiona series by Sarah Richardson


Here my friend is the ultimate hybrid of glamorous beauty meets nature: faux bamboo mirror in with bevelled mirrors.  Similar mirrors are often only available south of the border and getting a mirror this size shipped to Toronto is costly, not to mention the headache if the mirror is damaged upon arrival.  This huge mirror is absolutely incredible in terms of scale and style.  Yours truly simply couldn't resist this stunning mirror and it is now part of my collection.      


This is the chair I felt in love with the moment we met.  The caning work on the back and seat is impeccable, the elegant arms and legs are to die for, and who can resist this glorious natural wood stain with a hint of white-washed finish?   And for $150, this chair wouldn't last long in the store!


A settee with plush velvet in mossy green.  Love this piece and would be great as a bench at the dining table.  The only issue is that it's probably too short for dining ... you can either add casters on the legs to elevate the over height or use this as your chaise in your study!


A couple of side table I fell for, both super stylish and top with solid wood.  They are the ideal pieces for the loft project.  Sadly we only need one table and if you wonder which one made the cut ... well, you will soon find out!


A delightful mirror that mimics mini mosaics with faux wood grain detail.  I was looking for a mother of pearl mirror for the bathroom project, and that is until I found this organic, sculptural beauty in stunning muted gold.  It complements and ties in all the beach-side element I have in the bathroom.  


Speaking about the beach, here is a lamp in a soft watery shade of blue with starfish motifs in white .  It is playful, whimsical, and elegant.  I can totally see this lamp living happily in a young lady's bedroom.

Now this, my friend, has made my knee weak: a Ralph Lauren desk lamp for less than $100!  I so need an home office or a boy's bedroom project, so I have a reason to take these incredible pieces home.


I would love to take these rugs home as well: hide in mosaic pattern or dramatic green flat weave rug.  How can I ever choose?  How about you? Which one is your favourite?


Ahh ... here comes the decorative pillows.  I love them all and one happens to be the color palette I am after for my balcony this year.  You will see my balcony mini makeover soon but in the mean time, please tell me which one is your favourite?


I mentioned animal kingdom didn't I? Well, I wasn't joking and let's meet our handsome zebra prince and this all white parrot.  Both cute as a button and will truly enliven any spaces.

Hope you enjoy the June edition of HomeSense recap!  Go check out your local HomeSense store and let me know what's your latest score!  See you all on Friday!

12 comments:

  1. I totally love that faux bamboo mirror, and would buy it as well even I didn't need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! it's huge and for only $250! It was just too good to pass up!

      Delete
  2. another great homesense post! i need to find those cushions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which one are you looking for sweetie? maybe I can tell you where I saw them

      Delete
  3. Oh, HomeSense, what would we do with you? LOVE those cane chairs, and the lamp you showed is perfect for a beachy chic room I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That starfish lamp might actually be perfect for a room I am working on... which Homesense was this? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa! That lamp is from a HomeSense up at Markville Mall!

      Delete
  5. Don't you just love browsing at homesense, I can spend hours in there. That sofa is so luxurious Tim! Which homesense did you see this sofa from? I'm from Toronto as well :) These sofas would look so adorable too! It has such an "urban chic" feel to it! We wrote a post about it (www.eieihome.com/blog/how-to-create-an-urban-chic-decor.html). Let us know what you think! And let me know where you saw the sofa from! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey u! I love HomeSense and me too can spend hours there. Thank god they have a kitchen section to keep Chris busy for 20 mins!

      I spotted the sofa from the Warden & Eglinton location. It was a couple of weeks ago ... hope it is still there!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Tim :) Did Chris end up buying anything in the kitchen section...to be honest that section is pretty addictive too. Any decorating plans for you this beautiful weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ... probably not this weekend. I have been so busy with a couple of decorating projects and think I will take a break from store hunting and enjoy the lovely weather at High Park :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh!! How amazing is your HomeSense?! I mean, I find nice things whenever I go into the one close by where I live ... but now I just want to drive to this one! Such great finds :)

    Raiana
    lifeSTYLE

    ReplyDelete